Accessorising With Gold Can Make Your Home Look Expensive

Friday 26 February 2016

Gold, probably one of my favourite colours to use when decorating my home. No wait, it IS my my favourite especially when it comes to accessorizing. Some of you may think it's too extravagant, maybe even too expensive. I can probably change your mind. When used in a very subtle way, incorporated with subtle pastel tones or even dark misty tones, you'll definitely see the beginning of chic growing in your home.


An example of gold accessories adding 'chic' to your home is the work of Jonathan Adler. The picture above is from his store in Notting Hill. The decor is just magnificent. If there was ever a picture of how I'd want my home to look, this is it! If you look closely, you'll see gold is used in the most subtle ways like on the ceiling light, on the table lamps and table decorations. Getting the Jonathan Adler look isn't as hard as you may think all you need is the right accessories.

Gold accessories can range from cushions, vases, even frames. By frames I mean photo frames, metal shelf frames even the legs on a metal stool. What I love about metal frames is that you can spray paint it gold if you cannot get a hold of ready made ones. A very cheap and simple DIY. Also, if you have those really cool little fruits as decoration, spray them gold, or even paint them. I find it tends to go with most colours. If you'd like to see the difference spray paint makes, check out my previous post on Vittsjo Ikea Hack. I take a white metal frame shelf and spray paint it gold. Give it a try and you'll see your house transformed into that little bit more expensive and chic looking in no time!

Okay so enough of the DIY's let's get onto where you can actually get very affordable gold accessories. A lot of interior shops sell gold accessories at very affordable prices. You might want to opt more for high street stores like H&M, Zara, and Wayfair. Here are some of my favourites.

This Decorative Metal Cage is a perfect example of gold accessorizing. Just one of these will add that subtle gold addition you need. 
 Metal Gold Tray for all your little bits and bobs, candles, and perfumes.


Leafy Metal Pot. Beautifully presented in the picture above in the H&M campaign.





Raised Leaves Frame



Gold and White Candle Holder a very subtle way of incorporating the gold.


Pineapple Table Lamp. I love this Pineapple table lamp. A lovely addition to a side table next to your sofa. 
This Mineola Side Table is so simple and gorgeous. The frame is a great example of a way of adding that little bit of gold.




No comments:

Post a Comment