How To Embody Selflessness By Giving Gifts

Tuesday 13 September 2016


It’s definitely that time again. Gifting season! With Eid Al Adha being this month we Muslims go into our wonderful celebratory mode. It’s exciting in every way. From the good food we eat to all the wonderful family and friends we go and see. What makes Eid that little bit more special for me though, is exchanging gifts. I’ll be honest with you guys, as much as I love receiving gifts, giving them always makes me feel a little bit more excited!

The Joy of the Gifted Person
Anyone with me? Or am I the only one who loves the excitement and joy a person gets after you have gifted them with a lovely present. I love the smile that grows on a person’s face after you have told them you have bought them something. And when they find out it’s something they’ve always wanted, it fills my heart with joy! It’s just that feeling of knowing you have added something to this person’s life that they will actually love.
And whatever it is you have given them, it will always remind them of you.
I’d say the best way to really get someone to remember you in a positive way is to get them a thoughtful gift. That way the person will think of you every time they use what you’ve given them. A thoughtful gift doesn’t have to be expensive, just something you know they will like. I love gifts that last.
I was at my mother’s house just the other day and noticed one of the decorations she had on her shelf. It was a lovely unexpected Eid gift I had received from a friend of mine during school who I have now lost contact with. Although I haven’t spoken to her in years, it left a positive feeling in my heart about her and I even went onto telling my husband about how much of a wonderful person she was. It just reminds you of them even if you haven’t thought of them in years!


The Excitement of Opening a Gift

One thing I have always loved about Eid is gifting children. Children are so innocent and they literally wear their hearts on their sleeves. During previous Eid’s, when I have gifted my little cousin’s, Niece and Nephews with gift’s, their reactions have been so memorable. Their little feet jump up and down from just being told about their gift, their wonderful smiles as you hand them the gift. Then the unwrapping begins.
This is an article I wrote for Halal Goodies, click the link below to read the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment