Celebrate Us!

Tuesday 12 July 2016


The last few weeks have been very hectic for my sister and I as we have been preparing for this lovely Annual Sisters Gala 2016. It was basically an event for us Muslim ladies to let our hair down and unite in sisterhood. A day filled with food, dancing, henna, stalls and really getting to know each other.

As you guys may know, my sister and I are the co-founders of Barakah London. For this event we were asked to be one of the designers to do the fashion show. We had the privilege of meeting all of the other lovely designers from the other brands also such as Sheikha Boutique, Maria Beg and Imara Couture. Unfortuately as it was a sisters gala, I wouldn't be able to share with you all the lovely designs from the runway but trust me, from the models to the designs, it was all stunning!

One thing I would be able to share though, is the interior for the event. The venue was at a place called Brixton East and the decor was just perfect! I tried my hardest to get as many photos in before the place started to fill up. It had a very barnyard chic feel to it which I absolutely loved. from the brick walls to the over-sized balloons, everything just flowed well.

It wasn't your typical Sisters Gala. I loved how this had more of a party feel to it rather than just a sit down dinner. This got everyone interacting more which is what really worked. The day was filled with little ice-breakers and ways to get to know each other.




This is probably the first time I cam across Mubarak London. I loved their packaging and layout. Their gifts and gift sets were just stunning, definitely a place I will buy from when in need of gift sets!



















No comments:

Post a Comment